Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Catch The Moon

If you like Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights you will know to what the title of this blog refers. It has been quite manic these past few weeks and it shows no sign of letting up. Is it something to do the full moon last night?

Yesterday was the first Tuesday I have had free in a month to go to Fencing. I made the effort but still got there an hour late. It was good to have a few bouts and see the chaps. Follow the link to Hinckley Fencing Club. It was a real tonic. A pint of Guinness afterwards did not hurt either. Today was another manic but stimulating day at work. Not something everyone can say. I also had a call from a lady who wanted to water thirty one horses on Saturday evening near the lottie and a call from the allotment "landlord" for a chat. I also came across a jar of homemade Gooseberry jam for a quid in the butty shop I frequent. I successfully negotiated some back-pay I was due. I think it is a moon phase thing.

I had thought I would go the the lottie this evening but decided instead to spend it with H. We got the chimnea going and popped a cork on a bottle of Shiraz left over from the weekend. We had a chat whilst sitting on the chairs on the top decking whilst the chimnea popped and sparked. All at once the Sparrow Hawk swept through the garden right in front of us. 9 o'clock chimed. H went in to watch The Apprentice. I made a brew and read an interesting paper on Fund Management. Whatever floats your boat , I guess.

My Sister-in -law and hubby arranged to come over at the weekend......oh and did I mention Manchester United beat Chelsea in the final of the Champions League! On penalties too. I could not watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment